Can I make an application on behalf of a close family member?

All travelers to the U.S. are required to have valid legal authorization to enter the country.
In some cases, an application can be made on behalf of a minor child (regardless of the child’s age). To do so, applicants should check the second option, part of the Waiver of Rights section, stating “For third parties submitting the application on behalf of the applicant…”. By selecting this option, the primary candidate understands the terms and conditions of ESTA USA, on behalf of the minor child. He/she must answer all questions and statements truthfully and honestly. More information about the ESTA Family application or ESTA for kids, in the following links.

Note: All applicants are required to have an independent ESTA authorization. Therefore, children listed on parents passport will not qualify for ESTA as their application will not be separate.

Legal guardians/parents applying on behalf of a minor child must understand the ESTA eligibility requirements. If the dependent child is not from a Visa Waiver Country, he/she will not be eligible to apply for ESTA.

Furthermore, if the applicant’s spouse does not have a valid visa or ESTA travel authorization to enter the U.S., the main applicant may also apply on their spouse’s behalf.

By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here, to know more. I agree